With only four ships to its repertoire (Magic, Wonder, Dream & Fantasy) Disney will be partnering with AmaWaterways in 2016 and sailing the Danube. Sailings will take place July 7-14, July 14-21, July 21-28 and July 28 – Aug. 4, 2016.
Highlights of the 8-day/7-night adventures include:
- Tour of Mirabell Gardens and adventures through a salt mine (Austria)
- Nighttime Illuminations Cruise (Budapest)
- Horse show at Lazar Equestrian Park (Hungary)
- Medieval activities at Devin Castle in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Private marionette performance and strudel making demo at Schonbrunn Palace (Austria)
- Falconry show at Hohenwerfen castle (Austria)
- Walk along the tree tops at a unique outdoor adventure center in Kopfing (Germany)
- Oktoberfest event at a local brewery (Germany)
- Themed meals and culinary activities, such as interactive goulash and strudel making
- Biking in every port
The special holiday themed sailing, departing December 22, 2016, will also include visits to the renowned Christmas markets in Budapest and Vienna, a Vienna Boys Choir Christmas performance in the Hofburg Palace Chapel and a special holiday menu lunch.