We’ve discovered a new logo that infers Mickey’s Attic may be coming to Walt Disney World.
What is Mickey’s Attic you say?
Here’s the official release about Mickey’s Attic at the Disneyland Resort…
At times, the Disneyland Resort has items for donation that can no longer be used in our regular operation. Items range from slightly imperfect retail merchandise to retired sound/lighting equipment to surplus paint and building materials. To facilitate the donation of these items, we have created Mickey’s Attic, a program that funnels our retired physical property to nonprofit organizations in an effort to share resources that will allow organizations to strengthen their efforts to positively impact our community.
Any charitable nonprofit organization headquartered in Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside or San Bernardino County may be eligible to participate in the program.
How the Program Works
- When an item becomes available for donation, approved organizations will be notified via e-mail.
- The first organization to respond that meets the criteria listed below will receive the donated material.
Standards for Accepting Donated Items
- Items must be used to directly benefit the clients served by the organization. Depending on the nature of the item, it can either be given to clients for personal use or utilized by the organization at its offices or event venues. These items are not intended for resale or to generate profit for individuals or the organization.
- Items must be picked up from the Disneyland Resort within three days of notification. The community organization is responsible for providing a vehicle to transport the donated items. If you claim an item and do not pick it up, you can be removed from the program.
- The “Waiver and Release” form must be completed by the organization and faxed to the Resort prior to picking up the donated items.
- Item descriptions and/or digital photos (if available) will be provided in the e-mail notifications. We cannot accommodate pre-inspection of the items. Organizations must take receipt of all items outlined in the original e-mail.
How To Apply
Prior to applying, please have the following available:
- A working email address for yourself
- Federal Tax ID number for your not-for-profit organization
Complete the application by using the link below
- Invitation Code: DLRInv
- Complete only the “Update Your Organization Information” section
- Upon completion, email Community Relations with your organization name and Tax ID
- You will receive notification within ten business days approving your organization for the program