How can you not love a riff on the traditional rice krispie treat using cereal loaded with mini marshmallows shaped like lightsabers, stormtroopers, R2-D2 and Yoda? You can’t. You just gotta love it and you just gotta make it for your kids before this Limited Edition cereal goes hyperspace off the grocery shelf.
Star Wars Cereal Treats
6 cups Limited Edition Star Wars Cereal (General Mills)
3 tbs salted butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
– Open your cereal and pick out 30 mini marshmallows for decoration
– Coat the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
– Melt 3 tbs butter in a large saucepan.
– Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
– Remove from heat.
– Add 6 cups Limited Edition Star Wars Cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the cereal is coated.
– Turn that mixture out into your baking pan and use a piece of wax paper to press the cereal mixture down firmly.
– Decorate the top of your treats with the 30 mini marshmallows you selected earlier. There will still be marshmallows throughout your treats but this adds a nice decorative layer to your dessert.
– Allow your treats to cool completely before slicing and serving.