Visitors to Orlando will have a little sizzle added to their summer vacation as Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek presents the fifth annual “SummerBlast!” event May 22nd through September 6th, 2015. This summer-long schedule of special programming and fun-filled activities will celebrate 108 days of summer vacation and help guests kick-start a memorable Orlando vacation with a bang, including a private fireworks display, Saturday, May 23 in honor of Memorial Day Weekend.
The SummerBlast! events are for all guests of Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, conveniently surrounded by Walt Disney World Resort. The SummerBlast! activities are spread throughout the weekend, so families can also plan to enjoy area attractions and take advantage of the resort’s complimentary transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort parks.
SummerBlast! highlights include (additional fees per event may apply):
- NEW! Mermaid Academy (Saturdays, weather permitting) A one-of-a-kind experience for girls and boys of all ages. Guests will have the opportunity to live the dream of becoming a mermaid in this innovative and interactive class. Girls will be able to utilize the mermaid tails and boys will have the opportunity to become sharks.
- SummerBlast! Pool Activities (Activities vary daily, weather permitting.) The resort’s recreation team is ready to rock, making summer a blast for guests through a full schedule, including activities like mini-football games, water basketball, float races, Marco Polo, candy bingo, beach ball dodge ball, H20 Pac Man, line dance fun, hula hoop games, pool relay games, float races, etc.
- SummerBlast! Arts and Crafts (Arts and crafts sessions vary daily, weather permitting.) Kids love to bring home souvenirs, and the recreation team will be ready to help them make something special to remember their visit.
- Private Poolside Cabanas (Available daily.) Guests can treat themselves to one of the hotels private cabanas . Enjoy private lounge chairs and personalized service as the little ones enjoy the SummerBlast! pool activities.
- SummerBlast! Dive-In Movie Nights (Fridays and Saturdays, weather permitting.) Families can end the night with a movie on the big screen, located poolside. Guests can grab a lounge chair or relax while floating inside the pool.
- SummerBlast! Pool Parties (Saturdays, weather permitting.) Guests can celebrate summer in style, joining the crew for the summer’s hottest hits, Orlando-inspired games, LIVE! entertainment and special prizes.
- Ducktona 500 – The Great Summer Blast! Duck Race (Saturdays, weather permitting.) Guests can “adopt” a rubber duck during a race around Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek lazy river pool. Winners will draw a special prize.
- Scavenger Hunt (Fridays) Children and parents alike will enjoy searching the resort grounds on a scavenger hunt using their GPS-enabled mobile device to answer the clues.
- Spa Happy Hour (Fridays and Saturdays) Guests may extend the bliss of a spa treatment as they wind down with complimentary champagne and chocolate in the Waldorf Astoria Spa lounge. ($)
- Kids Club Astoria After Dark: Kids Night Out (Fridays and Saturdays) Kids get to take a break from their parents and enjoy an evening of kid-friendly fun, including scavenger hunts, surrey bike obstacle course, crafts, bingo, make-your-own pizza dinner, S’mores and more. A $50 discount will be applied to the Kids Club program fee for guests of Waldorf Astoria Spa or Bull & Bear. Reservations are required by 3 p.m., and may be made through the Concierge. ($)
Special Golf Experiences For tee times and more information, guests may contact the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club at +1 407 597 3780.
- Twilight Golf at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club (Daily) Guests can test their skill on the course with the Twilight Golf package. Nike rental clubs are included with golf play for 18 holes after 2pm. for $75. ($)
- Family Golf (Daily) An opportunity for junior or beginner golfers to play from the resort’s Family Tees, where each hole measures between 100-200 yards. Juniors, 15-years-old and younger, play for $25 when playing with a paying adult. ($)
- Saturday Golf Clinics, (Saturdays) Small group golf instruction from PGA golf staff at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club. Nike golf clubs provided if needed. Beginner to moderate-based instruction. $35 per person, sleeve of logo golf balls included. ($)
- Golf Getaway Package at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club (Saturdays and Sundays) Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a relaxing 18 holes for $95, including rental clubs and a $20 food/beverage credit at the cart. ($)
Specialty Weekend Celebrations For even more fun throughout the summer, the resort will feature several specialty weekends with additional activities or entertainment. More details are available at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek website www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/summerblast
- Memorial Day Weekend, featuring SummerBlast! Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. (Saturday, May 23)
- Cupcake Lovers Weekend, featuring activities with America’s favorite snack (June 12 and 13)
- Fourth of July Weekend, featuring SummerBlast! Fireworks (Saturday, July 4)
SummerBlast! activities are reserved for guests staying at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando and may require an additional fee. To make a reservation, please visit www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/summerblast or call +1 888 353 2013.