It can be difficult to get your kids to eat their veggies, but maybe fashioning them into something fun can do the trick. I came up with this easy peasy snack tray from Disney and Pixar’s newest animated feature film “The Good Dinosaur” (Opening November 25th) and everything about it is good for your little one.
This snack tray would be perfect with a side of ranch dressing to dip all the veggies into and it’s based on an image of the poster for the movie.
Disney Pixar The Good Dinosaur Snack Tray
What You’ll Need:
– Spinach Tortilla (Burrito Size)
– Fresh Express Spring Salad Mix
– Cherry Tomato
– Canned Black Beans
– Cream Cheese
– Plain Hummus
– Blue Food Coloring
– Piping or Sandwich Bags
– Cut the spinach tortilla to form the dinosaur’s head and neck.
– Place the dino on your serving tray.
– Pipe the mouth and nostril using plain hummus
– Pipe the whites of the eyes using softened cream cheese
– Cut a black bean in half. This will be your dino’s pupils.
– Tint some cream cheese blue and pipe a ring around the black bean pupils.
– Cut a cherry tomato in half and core it, removing the seeds. This will form your bug.
– Pipe blue cream cheese onto one half of the cherry bug as shown and place on your dino’s nose.
– Cut the other half of the cherry tomato to form the red bug’s head.
– The red bug’s legs are made from black bean skin.
– Once your dino and bug have been assembled it’s time for the greenery.
– Take a knife and pull a few of the celery rib strings out. They will curl up when you do.
– Place your leafy celery stalks, salad mixture and celery strings on the bottom of your tray.