The trip-planning specialists at Adventures by Disney, masters of creating family vacations, have teamed up with the pioneers of storytelling on the silver screen – Walt Disney Animation Studios – to offer a new, epic adventure to the land that inspired the look of the upcoming animated feature film Frozen. This tour of Norway allows adventure-seeking families to immerse themselves in the activities that inspired the comedic adventure of Anna, the film’s fearless and optimistic protagonist who sets off on a heroic journey to find her sister Elsa and save her kingdom from eternal winter.
Families embarking on this eight-day, seven-night Norway vacation will follow the footsteps of the Frozen filmmakers by seeing the places, meeting the people and experiencing the beauty that inspired the setting and the look of the film. The adventure guides will care for every detail during the trip so families can focus on what really matters – spending time together.
As a hallmark of Adventures by Disney, families can expect to experience authentic, hands-on experiences that only Disney can provide. As families venture deep into Norway’s villages of Bergen, Flam, Geiranger and Oslo with their adventure guides, they will encounter excitement, nature and culture. Bonding time is inevitable as families:
- Visit the storybook village of Bergen, a real-life inspiration for the kingdom of Arendelle, and enjoy dinner in a “Bryggen-style” room with a view of the Bergen Harbor.
- Meet local storytellers, fishermen and farmers along the way to learn their stories.
- Discover the Fjord country by safari.
- Hike across stunning, mystical terrains.
- Explore the capital city of Oslo.
- Raft down an exhilarating river in Voss.
- Learn Norwegian folk dancing.
- Visit the stave churches that inspired the film’s architecture.
- Experience the natural beauty of Norway, including stunning waterfalls, gleaming glaciers and gorgeous fjords.
- Participate in many surprises like rainbow trout fishing and glacier visits.
As with most trips, a Junior Adventure Night is available during the excursion so kids can partake in a private dinner museum experience while adults enjoy a stress-free, indulgent fine-dining experience.