Have you heard of the Hilton Bonnet Creek at Walt Disney World? It’s this amazing little slice of luxury attached to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando tucked away INSIDE the gates of Walt Disney World and they really “do it up right” when it comes to celebrating the holidays!
From holiday dining to Christmas activities for the entire family to enjoy, you’re sure to get into the holiday spirit at the Bonnet Creek Hilton.
This past weekend my family and I spent two nights at the resort eating, drinking and exploring all of the offerings for Christmas! Let’s take a look shall we?
The Christmas grandeur starts from the moment you arrive at the resort. Check out the specialty lighting outside the porte-cochère! My picture really does not do it justice.
The lobby decorations are sleek and match perfectly with the elegance of this resort property.
Heading down the grand spiral staircase near the resort lobby will bring you to a magnificent two-story Christmas Tree!
There’s even a tree at the mini water park pool.
…and yes, we did enjoy an afternoon IN the pool IN December. It’s heated…and it was wonderful!
Later on in the evening you and your family can enjoy S’Mores Christmas Fun where you roast s’mores at the poolside fire pits (nominal fee for s’mores kits). Weather permitting. Or, you can head up to one of the many restaurants and lounges for a seasonal holiday cocktail! Here’s the Wood -N- Apple (Woodford Reserve bourbon, maple syrup and house-made apple sauce) $14 from La Luce.
One of my favorites there is not seasonal but is still pretty unique…well the garnish is. A dirty vodka martini with maytag blue cheese stuffed olives! Ask for Chris or Tony!
But the biggest draw of all has to be the life-size gingerbread house in the main lobby! From the moment you walk through the front doors, you’ll be greeted by a 7-foot tall gingerbread house that YOU can decorate. A small donation of $5 per shingle will go to Kids Beating Cancer and Make A Wish Foundation.
Here are some guest decorated gingerbread tiles awaiting their placement on the house.
My family and I truly LOVE this resort and we love it even more during the holidays! For a complete list of Christmas and New Years happenings at the hotel visit HiltonBonnetCreek.com. You can find rates as low as $129 a night for Florida Residents. If you would like to book a room here please visit http://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/ or phone 407-597-3600.
The resort is located at 14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane, Orlando, FL 32821
I was provided with a discounted media rate at the resort for the purpose of this post. All opinions are my own.
Disney Every Day and Disney Interactive want you to have the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! That’s why we have teamed up as an awesome power of two to giveaway both Oswald Ears and “Epic Mickey 2 – The Power of Two” video games to five lucky readers! That’s right! Five of you are going to be gifted with a prize pack consisting of an “Epic Mickey 2” video game in the platform of your choice and a set of Oswald ears to wear while playing!
Simply use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. Good Luck!
Miles of garland, glitter, twinkling lights and ribbon transform Walt Disney World Resort into a winter wonderland during the holiday season. Here’s a sample of what guests will experience throughout the Vacation Kingdom:
- 1,300 decorated trees throughout property
- A wreath 25 feet in diameter adorning the Cirque du Soleil building at Downtown Disney West Side
- 10 miles of twinkling rope lights in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations for 24 resorts, 4 theme parks, Downtown Disney and other locations
- 15 miles of garland strung and 1,314 wreaths hung throughout the Vacation Kingdom
- 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows draping over Christmas trees across property
- 8.5 million lights strung throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- 98 percent of the lighting used for holiday décor is LED, 2 percent is compact florescent
- 11 countries dressed for Holidays Around the World at Epcot World Showcase
- More than 800 performers each night during Candlelight Processional at Epcot
- More than 200 guest choirs during the entire run of Candlelight Processional
- A Christmas tree in Magic Kingdom with a base 26 feet wide
- One 70-foot-tall tree takes center stage in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby featuring nearly 35,800 white LED lights
- 6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
- One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating
- One life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
- 100 percent chance of snow flurries during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place on select holiday evenings in Magic Kingdom
- 365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop in Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Our newest ship, Disney’s Fantasy has 931′ garland, 66 sprays, 27 wreaths, 38 trees ranging from 2′ to 20′ and more than 17,000 individual LED lights — 11,000 of which adorn the 20′ lobby tree. The tree has a variety of custom ornaments made from existing elements such as Peacocks and ornate crystal shapes.