Darrell Fry just announced via the Disney Parks Blog that there will be a special Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up and Warm-Up held on Friday August 31st!
Here’s the deets:
If you don’t want to be left in the dust, RSVP right now to DLR.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only 30 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 6 a.m. PT start time on Friday, August 31.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per email address.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected runners. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.
You do NOT want to miss this opportunity! I had a chance to run this event for the 2012 Princess Half Marathon Weekend and it was a BLAST!
Tags: 18 years, admittance, attendance, august 31st, cancellation, Cars Land, Cars Land Run, deets, disney parks, disneyland, disneyland half marathon, email, first come first served basis, incomplete names, jeff galloway, list of names, marathon weekend, mile pace, Route 66, rsvp, rsvps, runners, valid id