The 20th anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon, Half Marathon and Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, are the latest races to be designated Runner’s World Challenge events. Participants will virtually train with Runner’s World editors leading up to race weekend, and then on race weekend have the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive VIP race experience with Runner’s World editors all hosted by runDisney at Walt Disney World Resort
This exclusive package created for participants in this special Runner’s World Challenge weekend at Walt Disney World includes:
- Entry into the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon, Half Marathon or Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge with preferred corral placement (not too sure how I feel about people being able to buy their way into a better corral)
- Three night stay at Disney’s Yacht or Beach Club Resort
- Private packet pick-up and hospitality suite at the resort
- Keepsake 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend gift
- A Runner’s World Challenge tech shirt
- Course strategy session with the Runner’s World experts and editors
- Exclusive shakeout run with the Runner’s World editors
- Entry to the Pasta in the Park Party on Saturday night January 12th at Epcot with Runner’s World VIPs & editors
- Private transportation to and from the start and finish lines
- Entry to the Race Retreat which includes pre and post race hot and cold beverages, dedicated stretching area, and private portalets & bag check, post-race buffet, massage and live results
- Post-race celebration on Sunday night at the Cool Down at Downtown Disney
Packages start at $1,649.00 for the Marathon and Half Marathon while packages start at $1,899.00 for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge. If you have already purchased entry to the Marathon, Half Marathon or Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, you will have your registration fee refunded if you purchase a Runner’s World Challenge package.
You can also see a price breakdown over at Running at Disney to see what kind of deal it is. Thanks Sarah for breaking it down for us!
Tags: 20th anniversary, challenge events, challenge weekend, cold beverages, course strategy, Disney Marathon VIP Challenge Experience, disney packages, disney world marathon, disney world resort, Downtown Disney, half marathon, hospitality suite, marathon weekend, private transportation, race celebration, race experience, runDisney, Runner's World, Runner's World and runDisney Partner on VIP Challenge Experience, strategy session, Walt Disney World, walt disney world resort, world editors, world experts