Disney is making it even easier for runners to participate in the Runner’s World Challenge during the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. Now, even if you have already booked a hotel, you can still take advantage of a new package that includes all of the extraordinary amenities offered by the Runner’s World Challenge, such as training programs by Runner’s World editors and access to the Race Retreat and Pasta in the Park Party. And if you’ve already registered for the marathon, you can upgrade to the Runner’s World Challenge package.
Of course, if you haven’t registered for the race or signed up for the Runner’s World Challenge, you can take advantage of the Ultimate Runner’s World Challenge package, which includes all of the amenities of the basic package, plus includes hotel accommodations and hospitality suite access at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and private motor coach transportation to the race on race day, VIP access to the Runner’s World team of editors and other amenities.
To sign up or to upgrade your package, go to runDisney.com or runnersworldchallenge.com
Runner’s World Challenge participants will receive:
- Entry to the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon, Half Marathon, or Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge (half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday) with preferred corral placement
- A 16-week training plan for each race distance designed by The Runner’s World Experts, and Chief Running Officer Bart Yasso, who has coached hundreds of elites, celebs, and everyday runners.
- Weekly e-mails from Bart with guidance on training, nutrition, injury prevention, and motivation
- One year of access to the Runner’s World Challenge experts on nutrition, training, and injury-prevention
- Access to a private Runner’s World Challenge web site, where you connect with other runners training for the race
- A copy of The Runner’s World Complete Book of Running
- A Runner’s World Challenge tech shirt
- A four-month free trial of the premium version of the Runner’s World Personal Trainer, our interactive training log
- Private packet pick-up at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend keepsake gift
- Pre-race course strategy session with the Runner’s World experts and editors
- Pre-race shakeout runs at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with the Runner’s World team
- Entry to the Pasta in the Park Party on Saturday night at Epcot® where the Runner’s World VIPs & editors will be in attendance (party includes buffet pasta dinner, live DJ, Disney characters and viewing of the fireworks spectacular Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®)
- Entry to the Race Retreat
- Pre-race amenities including hot and cold beverages with fruit and bagels, dedicated stretching area, and private “no line” portalets & bag check
- Post-race amenities including a nutritious buffet, massage, private portalet & bag pick up, and live results
- Post-race celebration on Sunday night at the Cool Down taking place in Downtown Disney® Area
Runner’s World Challenge Packages cost $449.00 for the Marathon and Half Marathon while packages are $699.00 for the Goofy Challenge.
Tags: 20th anniversary, bart yasso, beach club resorts, challenge participants, challenge web, cigna, coach transportation, disney world marathon, elites, half marathon, hospitality suite, hotel accommodations, injury prevention, marathon weekend, private motor coach, walt disney, Walt Disney World, world challenge, world editors, world experts