This morning the folks at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando invited members of the media to their new Cypress Springs Water Park for a grand gathering. It was truly Christmas in July as carolers took to the pool and guests noshed on gingerbread cake pops. Sorry Gingy =O
Dremworks Characters made an appearance to announce this year’s theme for ICE!- DreamWorks Animation’s Merry Madagascar Christmassy DreamWorks Experience featuring ICE! But, the announcement was made even more special with a surprise appearance by none other than Vanilla Ice…singing…you guessed it! Ice, Ice, Baby. Video below…
Check out these Highlights from Christmas at Gaylord Palms
- Stunning Christmas décor including two million twinkling lights
- The Majestic Christmas Tree Lighting – the famous tree lighting ceremony that is complete with singers, carols, lights and the star of the show, the 54-foot-tall Majestic Christmas Tree
- ICE!, Florida’s favorite frigid Christmas tradition, featuring DreamWorks Animation’s Merry Madagascar
- Christmassy DreamWorks Experience featuring ICE!, the ShrekFeast interactive character meal, “Character Passport” meet & greets, Gingy’s Gingerbread Decorating, DreamWorks-themed scavenger hunt and more
- Visits with Santa Claus
- Several live holiday shows including Luminescence, a magical show featuring special effects, dazzling lighting and aerial choreography, telling the story of Christmas in an unforgettable way
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms’ package is available November 10, 2012 – January 1, 2013 from $219* per night/double occupancy. Includes accommodations, ticket to ICE! featuring DreamWorks’ Merry Madagascar and a souvenir ICE! photo (one per room).
- The Christmassy DreamWorks Experience package is available November 10, 2012 – January 1, 2013 starting at $209* per night/double occupancy for two nights and $189* per night/double occupancy for three nights. Includes accommodations, tickets and front-of-line access to ICE!, tickets to the ShrekFeast interactive character meal, “Character Passport” meet & greets, a DreamWorks-themed scavenger hunt, DreamWorks welcome amenity, a souvenir family photo, and special wake-up calls by DreamWorks characters. The three-night package also includes an upgraded ICE! VIP Experience ticket, a cup of hot chocolate and 3D holiday light glasses.
For package information, call (407) 586-2000 or visit www.ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.
Tags: carolers, character meal, christmas décor, christmas in july, christmas tradition, christmassy, cypress springs, dreamworks animation, dremworks, gaylord palms resort, Gaylord Palms Resort Rolls Out 2012 ICE!, Gaylord Palms Vanilla Ice, interactive character, new cypress, photo one, springs water, star of the show, story of christmas, stunning christmas, surprise appearance, tree lighting ceremony, vanilla ice