Winnie the Pooh, the beloved Disney character, will star in his first ever book-based app with the release of the “Winnie the Pooh: What’s a Bear to Do?” Puzzle Book App on the App Store. The universal app, Disney Publishing’s first, delivers an immersive and interactive reading experience for preschoolers.
On the heels of launching four critically acclaimed apps for iPad: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3 & The Princess & the Frog, Disney Publishing has added new layers of interactivity to “Winnie the Pooh: What’s a Bear to Do?” and has optimized the app’s content to run on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Pooh’s tummy is rumbly, but his yummy honey is hiding – children can read along and help their favorite stuffed bear find his missing honey pots, and complete fun and challenging puzzles along the way in this fully immersive and interactive reading experience packed with tap ‘n’ play surprises, silly sound effects, the ability for children to record their own narration and explore at their own pace.
“Winnie the Pooh is the perfect way to bring our digital book apps to the growing audience of preschoolers using their parents’ iPad, iPhone or iPod touch,” said Lyle Underkoffler, Vice President, Digital, Disney Publishing Worldwide. “We are thrilled to deliver our first universal app that brings to life so many cutting edge features across iOS devices.”
“Winnie the Pooh: What’s a Bear to Do?” Puzzle Book App highlights:
· Delightful illustrations, professional narration, sound effects, and beloved Winnie the Pooh background music.
· Parents can record their voice or their child’s voice reading the story and hear it played back as narration.
· Three reading modes to suit the child’s mood: Read to Me, Use My Recording, and Auto Turn Pages.
· Four interactive jigsaw puzzles combine a classic play pattern with a contemporary twist.
· Tap ‘n’ Play surprises throughout the story.
· Pooh’s Cupboard matching game ties in to the story and reinforces color recognition.
· Visual Index allows children to jump to their favorite page or puzzle.
The “Winnie the Pooh: What’ a Bear to Do?” Puzzle Book App is available for $0.99 from the App Store or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winnie-the-pooh-puzzle-book/id394760614?mt=8.