The runDisney online community is a tight knit group. It should be no surprise that when bride Kimberly Raspantini put out an invite for fellow runDisney enthusiasts to join her on the Disney Boardwalk, the community responded. My favorite of the three signs “Dole Whips at the Finish”.
The spectators added a little extra Disney magic to the bride’s special day. Kimberly wrote on Facebook, “I’m so happy they came, it was such a highlight for me!” The spectating couple gave the signs to Kimberley’s wedding coordinator and she took them home as a memento of the occasion.
Photo courtesy of rootweddings.com
Walt Disney World Resort guests can indulge in a fresh take on an American tradition by enjoying their Thanksgiving feast November 27, 2014 with a bounty of Disney tastes. With more than 30 different dining choices at Disney theme parks and resorts, families and friends can come together for a variety of Thanksgiving lunch and dinner offerings.
Special holiday menus include roasted turkey breast with all the trimmings plus traditional Norwegian meatballs and pan-seared salmon at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, poppy seed lavash, house-made naan, and apple-cranberry achar at Sanaa, roasted heirloom beets with candied walnuts and mulled apple cider at Artist Point, and other unique dishes to enjoy with the holiday classics.
At Epcot, guests can dine on Thanksgiving menus during lunch and dinner seatings at:
1. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
2. Biergarten Restaurant
3. Coral Reef Restaurant
4. Le Cellier Steakhouse
5. Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
6. Sunshine Seasons
7. Be Our Guest Restaurant
8. Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
9. Hollywood & Vine
10. The Hollywood Brown Derby
11. Tusker House Restaurant
Within the Walt Disney World Resort hotels, special Thanksgiving dining options are available at:
12. Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
13. Whispering Canyon Café at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
14. California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
15. The Wave… of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
16. Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
17. Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
18. Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
19. End Zone Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
20. Flying Fish Café at Disney’s BoardWalk
21. Mickey’s Backyard Thanksgiving Feast at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
22. Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
23. Grand Floridian Café at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
24. Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
25. Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
26. Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
27. Kona Café at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
28. Olivia’s Café at Disney’s Old Key West Resort
29. Sanaa at Disney’s Kidani Village Resort
30. Shutters at Old Port Royale at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
31. The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Availability is limited and dining events are subject to change. For information and reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Have courage and be kind. Watch the brand new trailer for Disney’s Cinderella, starring Cate Blanchett, Lily James, Richard Madden, and Helena Bonham Carter. See the film in theatres March 13, 2015.
Hiro Hamada and his huggable companion Baymax, from Disney’s newest animated feature “Big Hero 6,” are welcoming guests to Hiro’s garage workshop inside The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Fans of the movie, now in theaters can also tour the lab from San Fransokyo Insitute of Technology. “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro, who’s catapulted into the midst of a dangerous plot and must transform his closest companion—a robot named Baymax—and a diverse group of friends into a band of high-tech heroes.